Island Planning is a Hilo-based land use planning firm specializing in State and County land use permitting, private asset management, the preparation of natural and cultural resource planning strategies and environmental reports.
The principal planner, Jeffrey Melrose, has over 30 years of land use planning and resource management experience throughout the state of Hawaii in both the public and private sectors.
Multi-disciplinary teams are assembled for individual projects to provide clients responsible and timely support in their land use endeavors.
Sample of recent clients include:
- HPM Hawaii: permitting
- KTA Super Stores: permitting
- Parker School: master planning and permitting
- Hilo Farmers Market: permitting
- Greenwell Farms: permitting
- Office Of Mauna Kea Management: public access planning
- Hawaii Johns: permitting
- Hamakua Biomass: consulting services